During my ministry internship in college, Pastor Ernie Mullins encouraged me to read one book a month. I have to admit that I have not always done that even though I do read a number of articles, etc. Recently, I have been developing some personal goals in regards to growing as a Christian leader. One of the goals I set down was to read a book per month. I have a number of books on my shelves that I have never read or have only partially finished. Therefore, I have decided to start by reading books I already have.
My unfinished reading list includes:
- Preaching That Connects by Mark Galli and Craig Brian Larson
- Ministry Momentum by Wayne Schmidt
- One Size Doesn’t Fit All by Gary L. McIntosh
- Holy Discontent by Bill Hybels
- Smart Fishing by John Hendee
- Disciplemaker’s Handbook by Alice Fryling
- Winning With People by John C. Maxwell
- Holiness and the Human Element by H.A. Baldwin
Questions for you…
- Do you have a regular reading plan to stimulate your growth as a Christian and/or church leader?
- What good books do you suggest I (or another) should add to this (his or her) list?